Facebook offers allow your business to promote special deals and discounts directly to your Facebook fans. This free feature helps reward your loyal Facebook fans, drives them into your stores and encourages potential new fans to like your Page. Facebook offers is currently in beta and available only to a limited number of local business Pages, although it will be launching more broadly soon. Facebook made offers easy to create and manage, so let’s cover everything!
How to Create an Offer
- From your Facebook Page, use the sharing tool at the top of your timeline and select ‘offer’.
- Create an enticing, straightforward headline.
- Upload a square image that will look good when re-sized to 90 x 90 pixels.
- Select the number of people who can claim the offer. You can customize this number or just allow an unlimited number of claims.
- Set an expiration date when your offer will no longer be valid.
- Add appropriate terms and conditions.
- Preview the offer, and post it when you’re ready!
Want to make sure you have a successful offer experience? Follow these guidelines recommended by Facebook:
- Make the discount or deal you are offering sizable. Facebook recommends discounts of at least 20% off regular prices. (And remember, unlike offers on daily deals sites, you’re not splitting any of your discount’s revenue.)
- Use a fun, engaging photo. Facebook has found that pictures of people using the product promote more engagement than just a photo of the product.
- Promote your offer. You can use sponsored stories advertising to allow non-fans to discover your ad. This could be a helpful way to expand your user base. Consider pinning the offer to the top of your timelines so that visitors to your Page see it right away.
- Track its performance. You can see how many people have chosen to claim your offer right below the offer’s headline, but you should also track how many people actually redeem the offer at your business.
Your business has spent time growing its Facebook fan base, and we think offers are an excellent way to encourage those fans to come back to your place of business. When they become available to you, will you use Facebook offers to promote your business?
Please provide any thoughts or ideas in the comments section below. If you liked this post, please subscribe to our e-mail newsletter!